Aguilar offers info on “Back to Business” Grant Program
As part of Governor JB Pritzker’s overall economic recovery strategy, the $250 million Back to Business (B2B) grant program aims to deploy small businesses recovery grants for those hit hardest by the COVID-19 pandemic. The B2B grant program builds on the success of last year’s Business Interruption Grant (BIG) program – an equity focused business relief program, which directed $290 million to 9,000 businesses in 98 communities across Illinois.
B2B is a key component of the Governor’s $1.5 billion economic recovery plan, aimed toward a swift and equitable deployment of American Recovery Plan Act (ARPA) funds that have been designated for Illinois to assist in recovery from the COVID pandemic.
To assist small businesses with the B2B application process and other upcoming or ongoing economic recovery grant programs offered at the State or federal level. DCEO has invested $9 million in support of Community Navigator organizations working in every region of the state. These organizations will provide technical assistance to businesses, with a focus on underserved businesses including minority, rural, veteran and women-owned businesses.
How to apply:
- Application Portal Now Open. Apply here!
- Learn about the information and documentation required
- Documentation needed:
- Business owner ID (ITIN business owners eligible)
- Business’s 2019 AND 2020 Federal tax returns
- Two (2) business bank statements – one from the period April through December 2020, and most recent statement
- List of Frequently Asked Questions also available in: Spanish, Polish, Chinese, Hindi, and Arabic
If you have any questions regarding your Back to Business application process please do not hesitate to reach out to my office.
7833 Ogden Avenue
Lyons, IL 60534
118 N. Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60602