Cicero’s Businesses License Dept
Here is an overview of the businesses in the Town of Cicero and the Department of Business Licensing which oversees business registration, and support.
1. APPROXIMATELY HOW MANY BUSINESSES ARE THE TOWN OF CICERO CURRENTLY?
- Currently, we have an estimate of 3,700 businesses in Cicero, an estimate that continues to increase.
- Every two weeks, our office receives up to 15 new business applications. These applications come from big and small businesses, along with industrial companies wanting to open in Cicero to bring not only revenue to the city but employment in Cicero.
- Just in 2019, we have opened 182 new businesses. (January 2019-PRESENT)
2. WHAT IS YOUR DEPARTMENT’S JOB IN THE TOWN OF CICERO?
In our department we perform a variety of tasks in issuing, monitoring and approving business licenses.
- Receive applications for businesses, determine which inspections are necessary for approval of licensing; communicate with the building, fire and health departments, and other applicable departmental personnel when required for approval of business license.
- Discuss and address problem areas and complains with individual in person and by telephone to assist in the resolution of those problems.
3. ADDITIONAL DATA INFORMATION
- Business owners and consumers are attracted to Cicero due to the community being safe. Our crime rates have decreased with the help of our police department working hard.
- In 2015, The Town of Cicero opened approximately 2,400 new businesses. (Keep note many businesses open due to new ownerships, but same corporate store)
The economy of Cicero, IL employs 36.8k people.
The largest industries in Cicero, IL are
- MANUFACTURING (7,707 people)
- ACCOMODATION AND FOOD SERVICES (4,347 people)
- RETAIL TRADE (3,867 people)
Source: From 2016 to 2017, employment in Cicero, IL grew at a rate of 2.66%, from 35.8k employees.
Source for the following information https://datausa.io/profile/geo/cicero-il/